Dutch Mustang video voor DMFF/TMCN

Moderator: Shelby GT-H

doug

Re: Dutch Mustang video voor DMFF/TMCN

Bericht door doug »

Beste mensen

Here is my plan to make a beautiful film for you and your Mustangs...

1. I want to make nice dolly track shots of the cars, shot in slow motion for the 'glide feeling'. I want to shot details of the cars with macro lenses too. Details like badges, wheel rims etc.
2. I want to interview each owner. Ask two or three questions about the car and the meaning of the car to the owner. To personalise the edit. (to also record engine sfx, engine idling noises etc.)

3. If there is a meeting with any racing / drag racing? ... then I would love to film the event from a car. Lots of camera shake, fast cuts of the race.

To finalise the edit there needs to be a good balance of sexy car shots, gritting fast paced driving shots, then counter balanced with real people talking about there cars.
thanks

Doug
Ghost Rider
Donateur 2014
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ghost Rider »

sounds real good !
1970 Sportsroof Plain Jane Sleeper - the Chickenwing Special
302 Clevor- 4 Spd HURST - 3.50 9" Traction-loc rear
LESS IS MORE !
frankpost
Contacteer:

Bericht door frankpost »

Eyy Doug

Sounds great mate! I really like the idea to also give it a bit of a personal touch. Like I wrote in the email, Im not sure if its possible to have racing/drag shots, fully depends on the participants and location. I don't think everybody wants to burn (Mack :P) and/or race with their precious. But maybe there are some who are willing to do this, so you still can have a couple of those shots. Is it also possible to "race" slow, and fake it a bit with fast editing to make it look alot faster?

So next question would be, who knows a (nice) place where we can drive around free, and optionally do some burnouts and or 'racing' for the ones who are willing to? maybe we could make some deal with some abandoned airstrip or race track..

thanks for the idea Doug!

cheers
Frank
Focus ST 2.5 2006
1969 Fastback 390 Mach 1 S-Code
http://dmff.nl/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22641
'47 1/2 ton 7.3 Diesel Powerstroke
http://dmff.nl/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28280
Mack
Super User

Bericht door Mack »

To me personally, Mustang racing on a track or on a dragstrip are all over the internet, and would interest me less. To me it fascinates me how Mustangs stand out in regular Dutch / European traffic and how the owners are proud of this. This would interest me far more than Mustangs on a track and it would fit better with people talking about how special their Mustang is.

In the US a lot more is possible with regards to drag racing, tracks, burnouts etc with Mustangs, so here in rule-bound Holland we'll never make a movie that tops that. And racing on a track is not why 99% of the people here have their Mustang.

My 0.02
Mack
1998 Ford Mustang GT
Because BLUE
Nick
Contacteer:

Bericht door Nick »

Sounds good.

Was er vorig jaar niet zo´n dag op een vliegveld ergens met dragraces en burnouts? Zoiets lijkt me het meest ideaal, vliegveldje ofzo.
2005 Mustang GT - Screamin' yellow
2003 Mustang SVT Cobra Terminator- gone
1996 Mustang SVT Cobra - gone
1994 Mustang GT 5.0 - gone
tminus3
Donateur 2014
Contacteer:

Bericht door tminus3 »

frankpost schreef:
Im not sure if its possible to have racing/drag shots, fully depends on the participants and location....
next question would be, who knows a (nice) place where we can drive around free, and optionally do some burnouts and or 'racing' for the ones who are willing to?.....
Frank: http://www.fordmustangclub.nl/meetings.php#meeting_4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Een heel circuit, een hele dag, en een rennerskwartier vol Mustangs. Ik zie het probleem niet :mrgreen:
Enneh.. we gaan toch niet lopen faken. Gewoon die PK;s aan het werk zetten!!!
1967 Mustang fastback; - kick-ass homebuilt 347 - programmable 4R70W transmission - 4-wheel big disk brakes - corner-carver suspension
No show, all go!
tminus3
Donateur 2014
Contacteer:

Bericht door tminus3 »

doug schreef:Beste mensen

....3. If there is a meeting with any racing / drag racing? ... then I would love to film the event from a car. Lots of camera shake, fast cuts of the race...

Doug
I'm game. Team Mustang Center Nederland has a track meeting in Lelystad on june the 9th. You are more then welcom to shoot from my car if you like. I'll also be present at the Fast-Car festival one week later in Zandvoort. I'll be doing some track sessions there as well. There will be 1 US-car themed track session, but it looks Like I'll be the only vintage Mustang there.
Here's some footage from earlier this year:
[youtube]23GOmAM2A6w[/youtube]
1967 Mustang fastback; - kick-ass homebuilt 347 - programmable 4R70W transmission - 4-wheel big disk brakes - corner-carver suspension
No show, all go!
tminus3
Donateur 2014
Contacteer:

Bericht door tminus3 »

Nick schreef:Sounds good.

Was er vorig jaar niet zo´n dag op een vliegveld ergens met dragraces en burnouts? Zoiets lijkt me het meest ideaal, vliegveldje ofzo.
TMCN De Peel. Je hebt wat gemist hoor Nick:

[youtube]2Tt-awrqS_0[/youtube]
No show, all go!
frankpost
Contacteer:

Bericht door frankpost »

tminus3 schreef:
frankpost schreef:
Im not sure if its possible to have racing/drag shots, fully depends on the participants and location....
next question would be, who knows a (nice) place where we can drive around free, and optionally do some burnouts and or 'racing' for the ones who are willing to?.....
Frank: http://www.fordmustangclub.nl/meetings.php#meeting_4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Een heel circuit, een hele dag, en een rennerskwartier vol Mustangs. Ik zie het probleem niet :mrgreen:
Enneh.. we gaan toch niet lopen faken. Gewoon die PK;s aan het werk zetten!!!
haha nee liever niet natuurlijk, maar ik begrijp goed dat een hoop mensen niet het circuit op willen met hun Mustang! Maar met de insteek van Doug, combinatie met de detailshots en interviews, is het alsnog voor iedereen interessant!

Wel een idee om het op die dag te doen, ik weet niet hoe TMCN hier tegenover staat?
Focus ST 2.5 2006
pudel

Bericht door pudel »

something like this?

http://youtu.be/piDFwbAhdEs
doug

Bericht door doug »

tminus3 schreef:
doug schreef:Beste mensen

....3. If there is a meeting with any racing / drag racing? ... then I would love to film the event from a car. Lots of camera shake, fast cuts of the race...

Doug
I'm game. Team Mustang Center Nederland has a track meeting in Lelystad on june the 9th. You are more then welcom to shoot from my car if you like. I'll also be present at the Fast-Car festival one week later in Zandvoort. I'll be doing some track sessions there as well. There will be 1 US-car themed track session, but it looks Like I'll be the only vintage Mustang there.
Here's some footage from earlier this year:
[youtube]23GOmAM2A6w[/youtube]
That could be perfect. If i could hook up in the track car in a warm up session, with you doing passes / over taking etc. Then we can see the Mustang's raw power.
Nick
Contacteer:

Bericht door Nick »

tminus3 schreef:
Nick schreef:Sounds good.

TMCN De Peel. Je hebt wat gemist hoor Nick:

[youtube]2Tt-awrqS_0[/youtube]
Die bedoelde ik! ist geen idee om dat nog een keer te doen voor die film?
Neko-
Donateur 2014

Bericht door Neko- »

Mack schreef:To me personally, Mustang racing on a track or on a dragstrip are all over the internet, and would interest me less. To me it fascinates me how Mustangs stand out in regular Dutch / European traffic and how the owners are proud of this. This would interest me far more than Mustangs on a track and it would fit better with people talking about how special their Mustang is.

In the US a lot more is possible with regards to drag racing, tracks, burnouts etc with Mustangs, so here in rule-bound Holland we'll never make a movie that tops that. And racing on a track is not why 99% of the people here have their Mustang.

My 0.02
I'm with Mack... Everything said is something I can get behind 100%
Current ride: 2019 EB 2.3 - Zwart - 2023-?
Gone, but not forgotten: 2002 GT 4.6 V8 - Silver (SMR #0009) - 2006-2023
frankpost
Contacteer:

Bericht door frankpost »

alhoewel lelystad niet bepaald centraal is bedenk ik me net...
Focus ST 2.5 2006
Nick
Contacteer:

Bericht door Nick »

Kan het ook in 2 dagen/locaties opsplitsen om zoveel mogelijk mensen te krijgen.

1 locatie daarvan bijvoorbeeld een vliegveld voor de mensen die het niet erg vinden om hun paardje even te laten werken.
Andere locatie gewoon mooie filmlocatie ergens..
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “DMFF Movie”